Monday 19 May 2008

Jane Marrows

The bright pink cabriolet on this Aretha Franklin record sleeve motivated me to produce my artwork. As here, strong colours inspire my textiles work, which includes felted and stitched textile wall pieces and accessories. This piece includes free machine stitch using viscose and metallic threads. Whilst my university education is literature based by textile qualifications take the form of successful completion of City and Guilds Textiles part 1 and 2 with Distinction.
I regularly exhibit work and undertake freelance textile teaching in the East Midlands. I co-ordinate Sneinton Artists, in Nottingham, and sell my work through various crafts outlets and events, including Hub Centre for Contemporary Crafts in Lincolnshire.
Previous exhibitions have included
Biennial Exhibitions with ‘The Living Threads Group’ Derbyshire
‘Art Felt’ Trent and Erewash Museum 2003
Solo Exhibition at Greens Windmill Sneinton 2001.

No comments: