Monday 19 May 2008

Amy Evans

I would describe my work as very graphic, with layout, colour, and shape as key elements to the pieces I produce. Abstract Expressionists from the Fifties and Pop- artists from the Sixties form the heaviest influences, although I do look to more contemporary designers as well. Quit often, I try to experience something like a new place, a new artist, a new musician etc, and then react to that. Other times, I respond well to text and work with the format, font, the hidden meaning.

My choice of media can vary from brief to brief, but I do tend to favour mixed media, collage and printmaking. I go through a process of various thumbnails, testing colours and then exploring the various mixed media in a sketchbook to see what works and fits the best brief.

No comments: