Monday 19 May 2008

Anna Brown

I am a final year illustration student at Loughborough University, and will be graduating this summer (with a degree show at LUSAD running from 14th-20th June). Upon graduation I plan to begin work as a freelance illustrator.

My work uses a range of media including collage, drawing, print and digital, and I am influenced by many contemporary illustrators. In particular I am currently inspired by those using mixed media to produce striking, shape-based imagery, such as Sara Fanelli, Kate Sutton and Rob Ryan.

After listening to the track ‘Just’, I decided to create an illustration that would reflect the nature of the music, and the acoustic style of Jamie Scott’s songs. Through using colour, shape and pattern I have attempted to represent the contrast between the song’s upbeat melody and its wistful lyrics.

No comments: